You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 12-08-2011
In our previous post, we discussed Seasonal affective disorder. Seasonal affective disorder (also called SAD) is a type of depression that occurs at the same time every year.
In addition to vitamin D, several herbal remedies and mind-body techniques are commonly used to relieve depression symptoms. One step towards warding off SAD would be to make your environment sunnier and brighter. You can open blinds, add skylights and trim tree branches that block sunlight. Sitting closer to bright windows while at home or in the office can also increase your natural intake of vitamin, straight from the source- the sun!
Other treatments for SAD include:
• Massage Therapy
• Getting outside every day
• Light Therapy
• Regular schedule for waking and going to sleep;
• Eating foods in season that are whole and minimally processed
• Choosing whole grains and complex carbohydrates (avoid refined carbs and sugars)
• Supplement with high quality Omega 3 oils, vitamins and minerals. Omega-3 fatty acid supplements have been shown to relieve depression symptoms in some studies. Sources of omega-3s include fatty, cold-water fish, such as salmon, mackerel and herring. Flaxseed, flax oil and walnuts also contain omega-3 fatty acids, and small amounts are found in soybean and canola oils.
In addition to providing gentle, non-force chiropractic treatments, Seaman Chiropractic also offers acupuncture, massage therapy, rehabilitative strength training, and nutritional counseling. We can find the perfect blend for you to get healthy and stay healthy, and ward off SAD. If you think you might be affected by Seasonal Affective Disorder, give our office a call at 773-545-2233 today.
|Monday||9:30 am-12:30pm||3:30 pm-7:00pm|
|9:30 am-12:30pm||Closed||09:30am-12:30pm||closed||9:30 am-12:30pm||closed||Closed|
|3:30 pm-7:00pm||Closed||3:30 pm-7:00pm||3:30-7:00pm||Closed||closed||Closed|