You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 04-15-2011
When you experience low back pain here are some great solutions to help you
1) Orthotics/Heel Lifts. Always make sure you have a proper footbed in your shoes and get checked for pelvic imbalances. A pelvic imbalance can cause low back pain. At Seaman Chiropractic, I check for flat feet and a short leg.
2) Chiropractic. .can restore energy flow to the low back and help with the pain. Having been treating for acupuncture for 25 years,you will know I am experienced in your condition
4) Massage. Get a massage, muscle pain contributes to the low back pain
5) Walking. It has been proven that walking can gently rock the low back muscles into a state of relaxation.
6) Stretching/Yoga. Stretching and yoga can elongate the muscles and promote relaxation.
7) Firm Bed. Having a mattress that is too soft can create a situation where the spine is not being supported and low back pain can be the outcome.
8) Bend your knees and place a pillow under them or place them up on a chair. By doing this you indirectly traction the low back and take pressure off of the affected area.
9) Heat/Cold. In both heat and cold you should use damp applications if possible. Moist heat/cold is always more therapeutic. Heat should only be used for a chronic condition to loosen the area. But be careful, if applied too soon to a recently injured area, heat can make the problem worse. In contrast, ice should be used in acute conditions to reduce swelling, inflammation and to decrease the pain.
10) Vitamin Supplementation. All of the following have been shown to have some positive effects on low back pain. Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, MSM, Chondroitin, Glucosamine. But make sure you buy a high quality supplement. Just because you are getting 120 tablets for the same price as 60 doesn't mean it is good deal. It needs to be broken down quickly (30 minutes or less) and utilized by the body.As a nutritional expert, I can recommend the best supplements to take to optimize healing and relief .
|Monday||9:30 am-12:30pm||3:30 pm-7:00pm|
|9:30 am-12:30pm||Closed||09:30am-12:30pm||closed||9:30 am-12:30pm||closed||Closed|
|3:30 pm-7:00pm||Closed||3:30 pm-7:00pm||3:30-7:00pm||Closed||closed||Closed|